Topstitching does make a difference.

I think a label is in order to cover up that ugly join.

Who knew? Okay, everybody knew, I was being a stubborn fool and didn’t topstitch the necklines of my t shirts because I could not get the twin needle to function on my sewing machine. I still can’t. Today I said screw it and did a single row of top stitching on the blue t shirt. I think it looks a good deal better when compared to before.DSCF1441

It seems to sit better on my neck anyway, although I’m still having the listing to one side issue I have with all my tops. I think one of my shoulders is more sloped than the other, I need to investigate fixes for when I make something more tailored. I’m not too worried about in it t shirts.

DSCF1424

I’m thinking about taking in the sides on the Kwik Sew 3036 next time. As you can see, there are almost four extra inches around the waist when compared to a RTW shirt I like the fit of. (I’m wearing it in this post.) I still want it to be loose, but I think I could stand to take out 2 of those inches. Although I bought this pattern to make shirts to tuck into skirts, it would be nice have the option to wear it untucked too.

DSCF1457

New project wise I’ve mostly been prepping. I printed out the Sorbetto (I’m years late on that bandwagon.) and cut it out of a lime green cotton lawn I’ve had sitting around for years. Tonight I finished up the bias tape for that, so I’ll probably sew it up tomorrow. I didn’t do a FBA, so this will probably end up falling into wearable muslin territory, but I’m not too bothered.

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under sewing, WIPs

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s