I need to improve my shirt tucking, sorry about the sloppiness.
I wasn’t expecting to get the shirt back this soon, but now you can see what I mean, this version is way cuter, imo. It’s a 100% cotton jersey from Joann’s red tag. I didn’t realize that a 100% cotton knit would have basically no recovery, so when I stretched the neck out by attempting to turn and stitch as in the directions, I panicked a little. Thankfully there are all kinds of wonderful people posting tutorials like the the one I linked before , so I was able to save it.
I think neckbands are going to be a most interesting part of my knit sewing experience. I had no idea what I was doing with this one, but it actually sits better than the neckband on version two.
The skirt is view c of Simplicity 2758 and was one the first things I sewed when I got back in apparel sewing. There isn’t much special about it, it’s a circle skirt in stretch poplin, I believe the fabric was from a Fabric Mart sale, but I think it’s cute and it goes with several of my shirts. It has the bonus of being easy to sew. I do not like that it lacks pockets, I’m going to try setting a pocket into a seam with an invisible zipper again. I’ve done it once, but it was quite the ordeal. I own a RTW dress with a pocket in the zipper seam, so I’m thinking there much be a simpler way to do things.
Normally I wouldn’t bring the skirt up, considering it’s only half in the photo, but this counts as the first “Me Made” outfit I’d completed, since I’m blogging these shirts out of chronological order. Speaking of, I took some photos of shirt two untucked. Sorry for the digital beheading, but my hair was a mess and you don’t need to be subjected to it.
The only thing I find confusing is Kwik Sew calling these shirts “very close fitting”. I fit right into the xl in their size chart, except for my hips, and this is not what I would call a close fit. It’s fine since I plan on tucking them all anyway, but it’s a misleading description. I think the fit is okay, but I’m going to post for advice somewhere before I reinforce my tissue pattern. If this works out, I’ll finally at least one TNT pattern, one I can cut and sew in a day at that. That would be nice.